This Privacy Notice applies to all of our apps, games, websites and related services, collectively referred here as Services. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date will be subject to the updated Privacy Notice.
Please read the following to learn more about how we use your personal information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and any implementing legislation (the “GDPR”), Built By Mwangi (referred to as “Built By Mwangi”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) will be the data controller responsible for any personal data we process.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, including those related to exercise any of your rights, please contact us through the Services’s Help & Support so we can reply to you more quickly.
The data controller: Xavier Cross
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including but not limited to credit card numbers, debit numbers, account usernames) email address, and customer phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
When we talk about “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to both Device Information and Order Information.
We may source, use and otherwise process your personal data in different ways. In all cases we are committed to protecting your personal data.
Below, we describe how we obtain your personal data and how we treat it. We only collect personal data related to users of our Services.
We may obtain your personal data from the following sources:
- from you directly (through the app, game, website or online forms),
- from third parties, service providers that are assisting us in providing you with a service, or from your social networks accounts you used to sign in to our online services (for example, Facebook, Google, Game Circle, Weibo),
- from a company that employs you, if you are an employee of our existing or prospective customer, business partner, or vendor,
- during networking events that we have either hosted, or sponsored, or attended; and/or
- from publicly available sources (for example, your company website or social media sites, such as LinkedIn).
We may collect the following categories of personal data relating to our existing or prospective individual customers:
- Contact information (such as name or nickname or email you submit as part of your register for our Services or log-in or via social networks);
- Data about your account and game or app progress, any specific ID we give you when you use the Services;
- Your IP address and unique mobile device identification numbers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address);
- Data about your device, such as manufacturer, operating system, CPU, RAM, browser type and language;
- Broad location data (e.g. country or city-level location);
- Precise geolocation data (GPS, with your consent);
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies;
- Data (such as your nickname, profile picture) we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, Google or Weibo);
- Details of orders (amount spent, date, time, vouchers or offers used);
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising);
- Data from platforms that the games run on (such as to verify payment);
- From a third party, for example, individual referrals or a recruitment agency;
- Via hard copy and web-based application forms;
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you with a better Service;
- Image and time/date of your visit (for example, from CCTV cameras at our office premises);
- Your messages to the Services (such as chat logs and player support tickets) any feedback you submitted about your experience with us; and/or
- Other data you choose to give us.
We collect this information to:
- Provide you with our products or services (for example, play one of our online games and make online purchases);
- Establish and manage our relationship (this covers making your experience with our personalised services, dealing with complaints or maintaining your account);
- Learn about how our products and services are or may be used (for example, when we ask you to fill out surveys about the experience you had);
- Security (ensuring confidentiality of personal information or preventing unauthorised access and modifications to our systems);
- Let you know about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you by email or other forms of electronic communication;
- Receive products or services from you;
- Learn about our website(s) users’ browsing patterns and the performance of our website(s);
- Safeguard the security of our infrastructure, premises, assets and office equipment, including prevention of criminal activity, defending legal claim;
- Execute business process and internal management; and/or
- Facilitate the selection process, assess and confirm your suitability for employment.
We will keep and process your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in connection with your requests via or your use of our website(s), apps, games and related services; and/or business relationship with us.
We will keep your job application data if you are successful and we hire you. We will keep your CV as part of your employee record for the duration of your employment with us. We will keep CVs and documents submitted by unsuccessful candidates for no longer than twelve months, unless we obtained their consent to keep them for longer.
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to ensure security of visitors to our premises and as soon as it is no longer necessary. Usually after 90 days, we delete it.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Services (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our website changes, marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
We may disclose information about you to organizations that provide services to us, ensuring that they are contractually obligated to keep your personal data confidential and will comply with the GDPR and other relevant data protection laws.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use various shipping companies to deliver items purchased from our online store thus share your shipping address with them. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our clients use the Services–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK, DATA RETENTION & YOUR RIGHTS
Please note that we do not alter our Services’ data collection and we use the correct practices when we encounter a Do Not Track signal from your device.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information above or the contact form.
When you interact with the Services, we will maintain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We share your personal data with our affiliates in the EU and outside the EU. International transfers with PLR affiliates outside the EEA, are governed by EU Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses for Controllers and, where relevant, for Processors.
We share personal data with external vendors or service providers or suppliers that we engage to perform services or functions on our behalf and under our instructions. Where these vendors are located within the EU, we ensure that they are contractually obligated to comply with the EU data protection rules. We also ensure in our contracts with these organizations that they only process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and in order to provide the agreed services and protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data entrusted to them.
We may also disclose personal data to our advisers, consultants, law enforcement and other public authorities (such as tax and social security bodies), the police, prosecutors, courts and tribunals. All these recipients are themselves responsible to comply with the EU data protection rules.
Some of the vendors that we engage are located outside the European Economic Area. Where the EU Commission did not recognize them as locations providing adequate protection for personal data, we sign the EU Commission-approved contract (so called Standard Contractual Clauses) to protect your data.
You may request a copy of these agreements by contacting us using the email address above.
You are entitled to obtain information from us on how we handle your personal data, to see copies of all personal data held by us and to request that your personal data is amended, corrected or deleted from our systems. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data.
We do not carry out any decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
If you gave us your consent to use your data, e.g. so that we can send you marketing emails or display personalized ads, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we can still rely on the consent you gave as the lawful basis for processing your personal data before you withdrew your consent.
You can object to our use of your personal data where we stated we rely on our legitimate business interests to do so. We explained the legitimate interests we rely on in the sections above.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, contact us using the contact details above.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect any changes. We will always include the latest version of this privacy notice on our website(s).
Last updated on 20th June 2020.